Ballot for October 19:
- LSU was almost bumped in favor or Missouri. The Big 12 Tigers have lost to two of the top teams. The SEC Tigers gutted out a tough road win at night against a pesky Gamecock squad. Earlier this season, that would get you dropped a spot or two.
- The toughest choice was who were rankable teams: did any ACC teams deserve to be on the list? Obviously, I thought not.
- The second toughest decision was who should be on the top list and who should be on the very top list. In my mind there are two definite top teams this week, several that belong in a middle bunch, and a couple that are better than the rest, but not as good as the middle bunch.
- Alabama has a tendency to only play a half of a game, but in the ‘just win baby’ SEC, that is enough…right now.
- Oklahoma State was hurt by Missouri’s performance against Texas and Illinois’ performance against Minnesota last week.
- Also considered: Boise State, Boston College, Missouri.
- Never considered: TCU, Georgia Tech, FSU, Northwestern, Minnesota, Ball State, Tulsa, any Big East team.