- Who needs Jimmy Sexton when you have Matt Hayes. I love the comparison. Just what the SEC needs, another self-righteous a-hole.
- CMR hangs with Lex Lugar. Urban Meyer hangs with Bradshaw Layfield. Nick Saban hangs with Vince McMahon.
- Paul Westerdawg examines his mailbag, thinks moving Georgia/Florida from Jacksonville doesn’t make sense. Actually, he thinks if Georgia pushes to leave Jacksonville now, it is because “we’re chicken shit, cowards, and we let the Gators run us out of the state.” I couldn’t have put it better myself.
- The Mumme Poll is out. I got called out by a reader for ranking Okie State in my top list above the team they lost to. I’m a man, I’m 40! No, really. I am.
- Sports Dawg gives his preview of Georgia/Kentucky. He thinks beating Georgia Tech is the most important thing left to do this season. I agree, but only as a part of getting to 11-2 and beating whoever from the Big 10 we play, so I can shut some people around here up.
- Runaround Sue notes the Raiders have shown Deangelo Hall the door. Jerry Jones just started salivating. I have to admit, even though I am not much of a Falcon’s fan, I like the Karmic element of seeing Deangelo Hall being told he is either too bad to play for the Raiders or too much of a jackhole to play for the Raiders.
- T. Kyle King has his usual in-depth 19 year prediction.
- I watched Georgia Tech vs. North Carolina from 1999 on ESPN Classic today. I won’t bore you with details, but I have to wonder how bad the ACC was for Joe Hamilton to get enough yards to finish second in the Heisman balloting that year. Wait, I remember, they cheated.