As promised, here are my final thoughts on the Georgia/UK game:
- When did Georgia and Kentucky join the WAC? Seriously, I felt like I was watching a Thursday night 10pm kickoff deal from 10 years ago. I know people like offense, but I enjoy some defense, too. 850+ yards total offense? Wow.
- From the ‘now that we’ve gotten that out of our system’ department, the Dawgs have had games that the O, the D and the special teams have just fallen apart. It’d be nice to have a game that it all at least works a little.
- Paul Westerdawg has a good write up on the defensive issues of this game. I have to say that the only thing I would say about scheme is that it looked to me from my seats that we weren’t expecting to see Randall Cobb play at all.
- How do we keep this guy in check, but not this Guy?
- I don’t care if Mo Mass fumbles the ball in that situation again. He earned all the accolades Saturday. He made some big time catches across the middle that also had some great open field running to go with those catches. Big Time.
- Matt Stafford had a huge game. I had no idea until I looked at the box score. It could be just me, but there are times it seems he just has lapses in concentration. Then he throws a perfect strike.
- The UK fans felt like they had a win, even though they lost. The UGA fans were excited to get out of Lexington with a win.
- One final word about defense. CMR is getting testy about being asked about it, which means he isn’t happy about it. I have to agree with Blutarsky about one thing, it is about time the coaches started looking at sloppy execution and poor communication on the defense, if they haven’t been already.