Back to the grindstone and on the Internets super highway. My Mumme Poll Ballot for this week.
- Also considered: Oklahoma State, Oregon.
- Never considered: Any ACC team, any Big East Team, any team from Georgia with a 9-3 record.
- I like not having to nitpick over the sort order of the list. It makes this process easy.
- I held my nose and picked TCU and Boise State over Oregon and Oklahoma State. Go look at the respective teams’ games if you want a hint of why.
- I still don’t think they play any defense in the Big 12, but at least the offenses are fun to watch.
- I was there and saw the carnage, but Georgia/Georgia Tech wasn’t as nearly an entertaining game as the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game. With one offense stuck in the stone age and one stuck on running the same six plays, there was a time that I successfully called eight plays in a row, including a possession change (NOT counting the punt).
- Any chance Texas plays in the National Championship game if Oklahoma loses? I hope not as it’ll start the Adams playoff push again. Wait? Won’t Mike Adams sound off this year?