Good Lord willing and the creek don’t rise, Saturday evening, I’ll roll big pimpin’ style into Southeast Georgia. By big pimpin’ I don’t mean like Auburn or even Mack. I mean, me and the three kids are packing up the Wagon Queen Family Truckster and heading South.
- The Braves say buhbye to Tom Glavine. I am not so sure how I feel about this. On one hand, you’d like to think Frank Wren worked out something with Glavine first, because, you know, he kinda deserves that. On the other, I am not so sure Frank Wren has any idea what he is doing.
- Speaking of Glavine: Thanks for being a Brave. You nearly single handedly made me think folks from Boston are cool.
- Gordon Beckham, Chicago White Sox. Good luck, Gordo. You are a DGD.
- Rex Robinson explains kicking and how it has changed. Paul Westerdawg says get off Blair Walsh’s back. The Senator uses numbers to prove a point. So nothing is different, but we are all smarter for it.
- Bwahahahaha. Funny thing, though. The Illinois fans are pissed. They really enjoyed kicking the season off there and thought there was nothing but good to come from playing a border rival in a border city, even if they aren’t very successful there in the recent past. I don’t often say this, but the Illinois fans have it right.
- Speaking of Illinois, Steele likes them. I hope his bowl matchup prediction is wrong. I will get so little joy from Georgia winning an Outback Bowl against them (they’ll just shrug and ask what time the basketball game is, similar to my reaction after this debacle) and will have to leave the state if the Dawgs lose it (so there is an upside of sorts).
So I am signing out for a few days. I’ll be checking in from South Georgia here and there, but last one out of Illinois, don’t forget to turn off the lights.
A little Family Guy to keep you company: