With SEC media days in full swing, I am starting to get excited about the upcoming season. Joe Cox seems to have acquitted himself nicely with the media. I have to say, having TGCPE (Tim Tebow) at the festivities really brings out the best in the media. I’m just glad Tom Brenneman wasn’t there.
- I’m sorry, do what?!? On one hand, I applause the will power and courage of conviction. Truly, I do. On the other hand, that has to be the greatest waste of opportunity meats talent since Todd Marinovich. Oh, and a special thanks to Clay Travis for bringing it up.
- Speaking of, doesn’t this make TGCPE the anti-Jim McMahon in many, many ways?
- I’ve got to be honest. Voting for Ole Miss to win the SEC is crazier than not voting for TGCPE as first team All-SEC.
- Although, Spurrier might have made a ‘mistake‘ (and I have no reason to believe it wasn’t), it was funny none the less.
- Bernie sent his boy over. Hilarity ensues.
- Streit, you’re MY Boy! I didn’t get past the first category before I was refilling.
- PWD has our back with SEC on the TV.
- Looks like the Fulmer Cup standings are about to get interesting. Top 1% of top 1%, my eye.
- White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle was perfect yesterday. He owes former Brave Dwayne Wise a car or something. Wise, coincidentally was a Brave in 04 when Randy Johnson had the last perfect game, against the Braves at Turner Field. Gordon Beckham had several outs and assists, including a snag on a line drive by Pat Burrell to end the 8th. My friend the Mayor was there, courtesy of Jim Beam. Seriously, some guys just live right.
- I honestly don’t know what to say. Phil Mickelson is buying into Waffle House. Come to think of it, that is about right. There are a surprising number of WH’s in Arizona. I have often used them as a refuge for sweet tea in a pinch.
- Speaking of Arizona, I wonder why we aren’t hearing ‘Yeah, but it is a wet heat’ coming from Tempe?
- In answering Josh’s question: Only if you send said message to your boss, the preacher, your SO, your mom, the FBI or that weird guy with his hands in his pants that watches you jog by every morning.
Finally, with a huge h/t to Doug at Hey Jenny Slater, this is the best example of why pop music sucks, regardless of the genre of pop it is. Nivana=Rick Astley. There, I said it.
Plus, this is freaking awesome, to boot.